Just a few notes from PHP Vikinger which were arranged by Derick Rethans in Norway today. Things went mostly smoothly and people in general seemed to have a very good time. These are just some of the random notes I made during the sessions.
- Derick: You already have notes, foo, foo2 and foo3 files. After PHP Vikinger you also have foo4 and foo5. Remember to start at foo6 next time.
- Selenium, PHP Unit
- eZ Components, Workflow
- Couch DB
- New Garbage Collector for PHP 5.3!
- phpUnderControl for CruiseControl
- Phing, phar
- phar-support in APC, “a complete website in a phar archive”-support in 5.3 with phar extension
- Zend_Search_Lucene is slow! Anyone want to try to find out why?
- Database Abstraction in eZ Components
- They don’t make pizza in Skien until after 13:00 on saturdays.
- Derick never got to talk about namespaces. Weird…
All in all it was a good unconference, with a friendly and laid back tone and hopefully people got what they came for. Next time I’ll try to prepare a simple presentation on some interesting and hopefully not too familiar topic and actually contribute something too. We drove from Halden and Fredrikstad to Skien in the morning and back in the evening, which worked out quite OK, except for .. well, the lack of sleep in the morning. But everyone survived and managed to stay awake, so I conclude that the trip was a great success.
To sum it all up: a banana is a fruit and a tomato is a berry. You probably had to be there for that one.
Thanks for the unconference, and hopefully I’ll be able to attend more events in the future too.
UPDATE: Derick also has a writeup online from PHP Vikinger.
3 thoughts on “PHP Vikinger Notes”