Magne has posted his plans for 2009, and as this networking on teh intarwebs thing work, he’s asking his readers to do the same. It’s obviously easy to convince me to do stuff, so here goes nothing:
- Listen to more amazing music: I’ve finally gotten a proper stereo in our new house, so I’m finding myself just listening to great music.
- Attempt to keep up on my reading habits, which has dwindled a bit in the last months of 2008.
- I’m doing Grenserittet and Birkebeinerrittet in August this year too, so I’m getting ready for starting the bicycle season as soon as the snow disappears. Even got new warm underwear for christmas, so I’m starting early! (If I just could remember to get my running shoes too, I might actually start even earlier!)
- Keep the updates of my blog running, but attempt to start a more focused blog together with Christer.
- Take more responsibility.
- Launch at least one new product concept and idea.
- Launch three new areas of content on pwned.no.
- Finish more games. I’m really good a starting games, but not really good at finishing them.
Hopefully that covers the issues Magne were talking about, so then we head over to our next networking-on-teh-intarwebs-issue; Christer’s challenge to post seven things people might not know about me (this challenge has been all over Planet PHP for a few days, so people are probably getting bored..):
- I studied 2 years at NTNU before heading down south and finishing my master’s degree at HIOF within the field of digital maps and cartography. While in Trondheim I worked as a Oracle (Orakeltjenesten), so I’m a Orakel Emeritus.
- I played football for two years when I was 10 and 12. I even managed to be the score the most goals for our team, the 2nd team of Rolvsøy IF, in a season: 3.
- I drove a Volvo 340 for a year; a very nice car, but with five (.. or six) people in the car, even the smallest hill became a climb to save our lives..
- I’ve competed at The Gathering in different demoscene categories every year since 1997, except 2008. I’ve been less active in the norwegian demoscene during the last year, but that might change in the future.
- I’ve played Counter-Strike and Battlefield 2 semiserious for MESED, a clan that I’ve been running since 2000. I were also participating at CPL Copenhagen in 2003 (The Cyberathlete Professional League), where we actually managed to score a draw (and two losses).
- I’ve participated in several amateur movie projects (no, not those kind of movies), both as an “actor” and as an editor. I still occasionally edit gaming movies for MESED.
- I started up and ran (together with Geir) Vision of Chaos, a computer party in Norway. We managed to get 250-300 visitors in 1999, 2001 and 2002 before I called it quit. We always said we were going to do another party in 2010, as we could call that VoC MMX. The problem is that people no longer know what MMX is.. I also ran a web site for parties and organizing, called partai.org. Maybe we’ll rescue that some day too.
Like that, and that’s the way it is.
One thought on “Plans for 2009 – and seven things”